A special taste from Wales. Griddle scones cooked on a hot griddle or cast iron fry pan. A cross between a pancake and a biscuit. Flakey, tastey & melt in yer mouth. Serve warm with butter.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup caster sugar (finely ground sugar)
- 1/4 cup currants/raisins
- 1 egg beaten with 3 Tbsp milk
- Prep time:15 mins Makes 15
- Mix dry ingred. and cut in butter.
- Mix milk and egg together and add to dry mix(thick dough)
- roll out 1/4″ thick & cut wth cutter
- cook on med heat 3-4 mins on both sides
- sprinkle sugar on top
- serve warm with butter….Yum